Astor Center, Wölffer Estate Vineyard and New York Wines bring you a one-of-a-kind Bordeaux blending seminar with winemaker Roman Roth. Learn about the vinifying process, taste the main varietals that go into Bordeaux blends, and mix your own! This is a special chance to get a backstage feel for the winemaking process.
What you can expect:
- 1 welcome wine.
- Tastings of 4 straight varietals to use for blends.
- Hands-on opportunity to create your own blends.
- A taste of Wölffer’s own Bordeaux blend.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- 2 hours of instruction, including Q&A time with Roman Roth of Wölffer Estate.
What you will learn:
- The purpose of different varietals and types of blends.
- The art of blending and how it’s done at the winery.
- All about Wölffer Estate Vineyard.
- The details of the vinifying process.